Saturday, February 1, 2014

Review and Comparison of Covergirl LashBlast Mascaras

I swore that the first thing I would do when I started a blog was do a comparison of the Covergirl LashBlast mascaras because whenever I would go into the makeup aisle I would wonder which to use and which would look best. But now I can review them! I am reviewing the four major LashBlast Mascaras:
Volume, Length, Fusion and Clump Crusher! I tried them all in the shade Very Black and they were all the waterproof/water resistant formula. The price for these mascaras is very reasonable, they are all under $9 depending on where you buy them, so they are very affordable! I hope this helps!

Covergirl LashBlast Volume:
This mascara does exactly what it claims to do, it adds a lot of volume and lengthens your lashes at the same time! I like the formula a lot because there is little to clumping, it is very buildable and it is truly waterproof! Because it is actually waterproof it doesn't wash off with your average facial cleanser so I recommend finding a good eye makeup remover that can break down the mascara. But overall it does all it says it does and makes your lashes look great!








Covergirl LashBlast Length:
This mascara is a great lengthening mascara and does hold up! This mascara lengthens you lashes quite a bit but there is no volume, the length is very comparable to the volume formula. The waterproof version holds amazingly and won't rub off throughout the day and it is not too sticky. If you like a more natural look or don't want to go all out this could be the mascara for you! This would be a really good look for the office or school! 








Covergirl LashBlast Fusion:
This mascara was meant to be a "fusion" of the volume and length formulas and to be honest I am not sure it was successful. The Fusion mascara doesn't add any more length or volume to your lashes than the Volume formula. You can achieve very similar results to the Volume mascara while using the Fusion but they will not be better. I found that it was much harder to apply because the formula is very sticky and clumpy. It did hold up its end of the bargain with being waterproof so that is one thing it did well! Ultimately I would skip this one.







Covergirl LashBlast Clump Crusher:
The LashBlast Clump Crusher is a newcomer to the LashBlast family but last is certainly not least in this family. The Clump Crusher claims to be volumizing and never clump and it does exactly what it claims! The formula volumizes and lengthens in similar ways to the Volume formula and it has not clumped once! It is also extremely buildable and lasts all day. My one and only complaint is that they don't have a waterproof formula, they only have water resistant. Now I know this may seem very pick to some but I am a college student and it rains a lot so if I am out around campus without an umbrella I can't have my mascara running now can I? But it is water resistant so if there is a light mist or your face gets temporarily wet it will probably stay. Overall I think this is a really good mascara.





The Verdict:
I honestly think all of these mascaras are very solid choices and they can all make your lashes look fabulous! The Volume mascara is my personal favorite out of this line because I feel it makes my lashes look amazing and full, and I wouldn't have it any other way. The Length mascara is great if you want to look natural, casual and professional and really does lengthen your lashes. The Fusion mascara for me is a pass because I don't feel that it does anything more than the Volume version and if anything it is a little more difficult. As for the Clump Crusher, it has wiggled its way into my heart and it is a really great option. I honestly use the Volume or the Clump Crusher for daily use and special events because they hold up like no other.

So now you know my opinion on the Covergirl LashBlast Mascaras and I hope it helped you! I am new to blogging so please leave comments! And I would also really appreciate it if you went and checked out my most recent YouTube video where I do a pink eye makeup and lip look all with drugstore products

XO Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment